Careers at Eville & Jones
What does a meat inspector do?
- Meet the compliance requirements of meat inspection;
- Inspection of carcasses/meat products for export;
- Communication of information for export;
- Provide inspection services to registered establishments that adds value;
Can you show us the following attributes?
- At least 18 months experience in the meat processing industry OR a veterinary graduate Or Similar;
- Demonstrate consistent performance outcomes and a commitment to deliver results;
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Keen to learn and resilient;
- Ability to work effectively in a team or individual environment;
- Proven experience with safe work practices;
- Able to work under pressure
What we can offer you
- Meat Inspector qualification recognized by Department Agriculture & Water Resources
- Permanent roles with Competitive salary, on going training.
- Career advancement in Agriculture and Food manufacturing industry
To work as a qualified meat inspector and perform post-mortem duties you must have:
- MTM30307/MTM30311Certificate III in Meat Processing (Meat Safety) qualification and attain;
- MTM 40211 Certificate IV Meat Processing (Meat Safety) qualification within 12 months of appointment.
- In-depth knowledge of the meat industry
- Excellent powers of observation
- Attention to detail
- A good understanding of safety and hygiene laws
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to deal with difficult people or situations
- Physical fitness and stamina
- The ability to build good working relationships with all kinds of people
- The ability to keep accurate records and write reports